Support GSM850 / GSM900 / DCS1800 / PCS1900.
· Aluminum-alloy casing has high resistance to dust, water and corroding;
· No stringent isolation requirement for antenna installation;
· Adopting WDM (Wavelength Division Multiplexing) module to realize long-distance transmission;
· USB port provides a link to a notebook for local supervision or to the built-in wireless modem to communicate with the NMS (Network Management System) that can remotely supervise repeater's working status and download operational parameters to the repeater.
The Frequency Shift Repeater (FSR) is designed to solve problems of weak mobile signal, which can expand more coverage than RF repeater and reduce investment for the areas where fiber optic cable is not available.
The whole FSR system consists of two parts: Donor Unit and Remote Unit. They transparently convey and amplify the wireless signal between the BTS (Base Transceiver Station) and mobiles via RF wave at different frequency from the BTS.
The Donor unit receives the BTS signal via a direct coupler closed to the BTS (or via open air RF transmission through the Donor Antenna), then converts it from the working frequency to the link frequency, and transmits the amplified signal to the Remote Unit via the Link Antennas. The Remote Unit will reconvert the signal to the working frequency and provide the signal to the areas where network coverage is inadequate. And the mobile signal is also amplified and retransmitted to the BTS via the opposite direction.
As per the method of receiving BTS signal by the Donor Unit, two types of FSR are available:
§ Cable-Access FSR: To receive BTS signal via a direct coupler closed to the BTS (recommended);
§ Wireless-Access FSR: To receive BTS signal via a Donor Antenna (applicable when no line of sight can be viewed between the Donor Unit and the Remote Unit as the Donor Unit is installed on the BTS tower).
And both types of FSR can be sorted into 2 sub-categories as per the availability of link frequency:
§ In-Band FSR: The link frequency is within the working band of BTS;
§ Out-of-Band FSR: The link frequency is out of the working band of BTS.
To expand signal coverage or fill signal blind area where signal is weak or unavailable.
· Outdoor: Airports, tourism regions, golf courses, tunnels, factories, mining districts, villages, highways
· Indoor: Hotels, exhibition centers, basements, shopping malls, offices, parking lots.
The FSR is mainly applicable to such case:
The area to be covered is far away from the BTS and has no fiber optic connection;
The distance between the BTS and the area to be covered is 20 km around.
In comparison with RFR (RF repeater) and FOR (fiber optic repeater), the FSR has the following benefits and disadvantages:
· No more self-oscillation and easy to choose installation location;
· For Cable-Access type, pure BTS signal picked up by the Donor Unit will greatly reduce the signal noise;
· The Remote Unit can be installed out of the BTS coverage;
· A full 360-degree coverage can be realized;
· The total cost of equipment is higher;
· A certain frequency resource is required to be occupied as the Link Frequency;
A line of sight shall be viewable between the Link Antennas.
|Donor Unit||Remote Unit|
|Working Frequency (customizable)||Uplink (MHz)||824~849 / 880~915 / 1710~1785 / 1850~1910|
|Downlink (MHz)||869~894 / 925~960 / 1805~1880 / 1930~1990|
|Transmission Distance||≤ 20km|
|No. of Channels (for channel shift)||1 / 2 / 4|
|Frequency Error||≤ 0.05ppm|
|Phase Distortion across bandwidth||≤ 6.1 ° & ≤ 24.5 ° (Peak)|
|Error Vector Magnitude (EVM)||≤ 12.5%|
|Max. Output Power (customizable)||Uplink||Cable-Access: ≥ 0dBm
Wireless-Access: ≥ 30dBm
|Max. Input Level (Non-Destructive)||≥ -10dBm|
|Max. Gain||Cable-Access: ≥ 45dB
Wireless-Access: ≥ 85dB
|Gain Adjustment Range||1~31dB @ step of 1dB|
|Voltage Standing Wave Ratio (VSWR)||< 1.5|
|Noise Figure||< 5dB (only for uplink)|
|Spurious Emission||Within working band||≤ -15dBm/30kHz|
|Out of working band
(Δf > 2.5MHz)
|9kHz~1GHz: ≤ -36dBm/100kHz
1GHz~12.75GHz: ≤ -30dBm/30kHz
|Third-Order Intermodulation||≤ -45dBc/30kHz (measured under rated output power)|
|In-Band Ripple||≤ 3dB|
|System Delay||≤ 10μSec|
|RF Connector||N-Type (Female) / changeable / bottom of casing|
|Temperature Range||Operation: -25°C ~ +55°C / Storage: -30°C ~ +60°C|
|Relative Humidity Range||≤ 95% (non condensing)|
|Power Supply (customizable)||DC -48V / AC 220V, 50/60Hz / AC 110V, 50/60Hz|
|Power Consumption||≤ 160W||≤ 200W|
|Backup Power Supply (optional)||4 hours|
|Dimensions||428mm x 328mm x 220mm|
|NMS Monitoring Function (optional)||Real-time alarm for door status, temperature, power supply, LNA, VSWR, self-oscillation, etc. Remote control such as turn on/off, increasing/decreasing output power, etc. Real-time status for output/input power, UL/DL gain, all status of repeater etc.|