The ICS Repeater (Interference Cancellation System) is a new kind of single-band RF repeater that can automatically detect and cancel the interference signals caused by oscillation of RF feedback between the Donor and Coverage Antennas in real time by adopting DSP (Digital Signal Processing) technology. It can continuously and stably cancel the interference signals and be adapted to any changes in the surrounding RF environment (including fixed and mobile objects).
Like the RF repeater, the ICS Repeater is working as a relay between the BTS and mobiles. It picks up the signal from the BTS via the Donor Antenna, linearly amplifies the signal and then retransmits it via the Coverage Antenna (or the Indoor Signal Distribution System) to the weak/blind coverage area. And the mobile signal is also amplified and retransmitted to the BTS via the opposite direction.
· Aluminum-alloy casing has high resistance to dust, water and corroding;
· Highly selective channel selector can process 12 channels simultaneously;
· Real-time cancellation of interference signal (incl. Multi-path fading, feedback signal);
· ICS function to prevent self-oscillation, enhance gain and coverage range, and reduce isolation requirement between donor antenna and coverage antenna;
· Adopting filter with highly selectivity and low insertion loss eliminates interference between uplink and downlink;
The built-in wireless modem to communicate with the NMS (Network Management System) that can remotely supervise repeater's working status and download operational parameters to the repeater.
The ICS Repeater is mainly applicable to such case:
· The repeater can find an installation place which can receive pure BTS signal at strong enough level and can meet the requirement of isolation to avoid self-oscillation;
· And the isolation requirement between the donor and coverage antennas is hard to meet by using a RF repeater.
In comparison with standard RFR (RF Repeater), FSR (frequency shift repeater) and FOR (fiber optic repeater), the ICS Repeater has the following benefits and disadvantages:
Easy to build the installation site;
Lower cost of equipment and site-building.
Lower maintenance cost (no expense for deteriorating fiber optic cable);
The Coverage Antenna can face to the same direction of the Donor Antenna (which can not be realized by RFR).
High signal noise may be introduced since the Donor Antenna picks up signal from the air;
The repeater shall be installed within the coverage of BTS.
To expand signal coverage or fill signal blind area where signal is weak or unavailable.
· Outdoor: Airports, tourism regions, golf courses, tunnels, factories, mining districts, villages, highways
· Indoor: Hotels, exhibition centers, basements, shopping malls, offices, parking lots.
|Working Frequency (customizable)||Uplink||890 - 915MHz|
|Downlink||935 - 960MHz|
|Max. Input Level (Non-Destructive)||-10dBm|
|Output Power (customizable)||33~43 dBm (2~20 W)|
|Gain Adjustment Range||1~31 dB @ step of 1dB|
|Operating Max. Gain||≥ Antenna Isolation + 10dB|
|ALC & AGC||Supported|
|Power Amplifier Oscillation Protection||Interference Cancellation System|
|Cancellation Feedback Signals - Max. Sizes of Window||≥ 6μSec|
|Interference Cancellation Range||≥ 25dB|
|Error Vector Magnitude (EVM)||≤ 12.5%|
|Voltage Standing Wave Ratio (VSWR)||< 1.5|
|Noise Figure||≤ 5dB|
|In-Band Ripple||≤ 3dB|
|Frequency Error||≤ 0.05ppm|
|Spurious Emission||≤ -36dBm|
|Third-Order Intermodulation||≤ -45dBc/30KHz(measured under rated output power)|
|System Delay||≤ 5.0μSec|
|RF Connector||N-Type (Female)|
|Temperature Range||Operation: -25°C ~ +55°C / Storage: -30°C ~ +60°C|
|Relative Humidity Range||≤ 95% (non condensing)|
|Power Supply (customizable)||DC 48V / AC 85V - 265V, 45Hz - 65Hz|
|Backup Power Supply (optional)||4 hours|
|NMS Monitoring Function (optional)||Real-time alarm for door status, temperature, power supply, LNA, VSWR, self-oscillation, etc.
Remote control such as turn on/off, increasing/decreasing output power, etc.
Real-time status for output/input power, UL/DL gain, all status of repeater etc.